The beautiful Hungarian Parliament Building is located on the banks of the Danube in Budapest. This imposing building was built as part of the country's millennial anniversary in 1896. It was designed by Imre Steindl in the neo-Gothic style, but the architect went blind and passed away before construction has completed. The building was opened for the public in 1902. Today, the Assembly of Hungary is sitting here, but only a small part of the building is being used for this purpose. Also, since 2000, the Holy Crown of Hungary is exhibited here.