Ruinas de Jesús is located in the southeastern part of the country, about 25 kilometers from the city of Encarnacion. These ruins are the remains of the Jesuit mission of Santísima Trinidad del Paraná which was founded in 1706 and was abandoned at the end of the 18th century. The ruins were rediscovered some 200 years later and were included on the UNESCO World Heritage Sites list in 1993. This missionary city had a Plaza Mayor, a Main Church, a cemetery, gardens, a courtyard, and a viewpoint. Today, the Jesuit Museum is located here, showing the history of about thirty Jesuit missions in this part of the world.