The central gathering point for both citizens and visitors is the Square of the Loggia, and it is located in the northeast section of the old city center. Its popularity is easily explained since it features some of Dubrovnik's most famous buildings and public monuments. This beautiful place includes Orlando's Column, which is built and designed by sculptor Antonio Ragusino. In addition, here it can be seen the famous Loggia of the Bells, dating from 1480 and used as an early warning system by residents in times of unrest. The Church of St. Blaise can also be found in the Square of the Loggia, with its Baroque facade and its collection of priceless works of art. Also, situated on this square, are the clock tower from the 15th century, the main guardhouse, and the small fountain of Onofrio.